24 October, 2009

Reposting: Things I have learned whilst laid off

1. Slippers are not water proof

2. A garden hose beats a paint scraper any day

3. I am still scared to death of bees that can sting me

4. That Facebook really does have a use from time to time

5. Going to the flea market in Rogers, OH when unemployed is a situation that could make someone cry.

6. That wanting to write and actually having the motivation to write are 2 entirely different things.

7. That, yes, I can trip over my own 2 feet. And I wasn't even chewing gum.

8. That I almost forgot how much I enjoyed Fall

9. That it is good to see old friends.

10. That having a cell phone die on you produces something akin to widespread panic.

11. That stinkbugs are loud as Hell when they are flying around

12. That it is easy to get sucked into a never ending cycle of self pity if you are none to careful.

13. That I still hate my birthday with extreme prejudice.

14. That some tired old cliches sometimes have more meaning than some of the 'new way of thinking' garbage

15. That I can still mangle any kind of food that I get my hands on

16. That doing a lot of work around the house is actually not a bad thing

17. That I may very well still find World Peace in my collection of boxes

18. That I smiled more than once in a 3 month period, a new record.

19. That some people looking to offer you a job are just plain useless and nothing more than a place to grind you up for fishing bait

20. That sometimes Darkness isn't as bad as people think it is.

21. That my tennis shoes are not water proof either

22. That waiting for new Doctor Who stuff to come out is a patience wearing thin adventure

23. That chasing something new to believe in is a good thing

24. That remembering where you have been will help you get to where you are going

25. That washing an open pack of chewing gum and drying it is one of the worst things you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment